Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Favorites 1/28: Shiny & New

So...it's sort of been awhile since I've highlighted any knitting on Friday Favorites.  And last week I wasn't able to post and by the time I thought about it, it was Sunday night.  But I'm back this week.  And next week I hope to show some of my newer favorite knit items.  :)  So to my knitterly friends, hang in there!

My Friday Favorites have sort of been all over the place - which I like.  I've shared knitting, yarn (an extension of knitting), movies, toys, Etsy, StoryPeople, favorite moments, favorite projects, and so on.  Today is no exception to that which is my wandering mind!

My favorite of the week (and probably last weekend and the next few weeks to come) is our new van!  I've been driving a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix SE since I was a junior in college.  The car was 4 years old when I got it, and was 11 when we traded it in.  It was time for a new car.  We were lucky that we got any money when we traded it in.

Our new van is a 2003 Ford Windstar SEL.  Now, you may be thinking - 2003?  That's not much newer than your old car.  And you're right.  It's not.  But it's in such good condition!  Apparently the couple who owned it before us was older and spent a lot of time in Florida.  This van has never seen an Iowa winter because it was always down South or it was parked in a garage.  It only has 72,000 miles on it and it's the top-of-the-line model from that time.  So, before they stopped making the Windstar, this was as good as it got.  
(This isn't our van, but it looks EXACTLY like this.)
We got really lucky in that a lot of things fell into place at the right time.  We had money for a down payment, we were able to trade in my car, it was in such great condition, it was first van we looked at, etc. etc. 


This van has a media center (currently a VCR - eventually we'll upgrade to a DVD player), which X loves!  And yes, we even have VHS tapes to play.  So I think we'll be listening to a lot of older Disney movies while we travel!  There are leather seats and double sliding doors.  Lots of little features that I never had in my car.  


I could go on and on but I think you all get the picture.  This is a major upgrade for us.  It's a vehicle both J & I enjoy driving, and is a much safer alternative than what I had before. 


So before I continue to gush, I'll leave you with a Happy Weekend!  


What are your favorites from the week?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Used cars can be such treasures esp. when they've been taken care of so well. My first car was my brother's ol' rice rocket which was like brand spankin' new. How awesome there's a video system for X! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Rae Lynne!! Woohooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a used mini-van as well. I was thrilled when I got it, too. I guess we are officially adults. ;) Congrats on your new ride!

    ReplyDelete