Thursday, September 30, 2010

Truckin Right Along

The Little Man
Wow, it seems as though I've been MIA on my blog forever, in reality only a week.  But I'm used to blogging more often than that.  I thought last week was a bit slow!

On Sunday J, X, & I went out of town for a little trip.  (But not before X took the opportunity to run around outside and enjoy the weather!) I had a work conference to attend on Monday and Tuesday and they were lucky enough to accompany me.  I was glad for the company - I hadn't been looking forward to the time by myself in the hotel room.  We went Sunday afternoon and stopped to visit some friends on the way down.  L is expecting a baby in a couple weeks here, I was happy for the chance to see her one more time before Tadpole arrives!  It was nice to catch up with her and X loved "testing" all the toys for the little babe.  In fact, after he learned where the toys were, we had a hard time keeping him nearby.  He kept wanting to go back upstairs to play.  He was kind enough to leave a few toys for the little one to play with first!  Then on Tuesday afternoon the three of us trucked back north.

I thought I would get some good knitting done during this time.  I was wrong. I had the chance to knit on the way down - got 2 rows done on the shawl (yes, this is good progress in 1.5 hours) and.....well...that was it.  We didn't really have time for anything else.  And even though I could have knit on the way home, I had a really stiff neck and wasn't up for the concentration this shawl requires.

I did, however, get more of it done the last couple days.  I'm just over halfway through Chart B now - only 10 more rows, the bind off and blocking and it's finished!  Maybe this will be done by Monday.

Last night I got to work on a custom order for my Etsy shop.  Remember the small KnitBooks?  After finding some coordinating fabric last week, I finally had the chance to do something with it.  I got all the pieces, interfacing and batting cut and half of the KnitBook sewn together.  I probably could have finished more, but I've been so busy lately, with little time for sewing, I had to get reacquainted with my pattern.  I'm itching to finish it tonight, though.

Then I have a few sewing projects to whip up for my last swap package for the Teddy Bear Picnic Swap and I can breathe a little easier.  So, no rest for me yet, but it's good to get a few items checked off my list! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! Aren't custom orders fun? I love getting them!

    ReplyDelete