Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Bug

I've been pretty excited about the progress I'm making on Mom's shawl.  I'm almost completely through the 4th repeat for Chart A and ready to start Chart B.  I was hoping to finish up the last bit of Chart A today.

But it always seems that when I try to "plan" ahead for finishing a WIP, something gets in the way.  Today, it's the stomach flu. :(

X was sick over the weekend, the first time he's really ever had the stomach flu.  It's so hard to watch him not feel good because he doesn't have a clue what's happening or how to prepare himself for it.  And although today was a daycare day, we ended up picking him up because he had several really messy, loose diapers.  He's been coming home "sick" a lot from daycare lately.  Today, though, I understood why they called.  When I went to go pick him up, there were about 3 other parents picking up their kids.  Apparently, the bug is going around. 

So to top it off, I didn't go to work today because I too have the flu.  As my husband puts it, I spent my night praying to the porcelean god.  : \  Most of my morning was spent in bed, with the afternoon laid out on the living room couch.  When hubby came home from work, he too realized he wasn't feeling very well. It's crummy being sick. 

Mom was gracious enough tonight to take X so J & I could take the night to recooperate.  I'm starting to feel a little better, but I don't think I'm over it yet.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  It has set me back a bit on my knitting, though, as well as my sewing. 

I've got a custom order for Etsy that I'm working on and I was hoping to get that started soon.  I guess it'll have to wait.  So I apologize for really no new updates.  I hope to be back on Friday for Friday Favorites, but I'm not planning on it yet!

Thanks for stopping in and I hope everyone is staying healthy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you all are not feeling well. I will be keeping everyone in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete