Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday 3/9

I don't have a lot of progress on my WIPs to show you, so no pictures today.  But only because I've been knitting tiny hats that are so quick to finish!

So what's on my needles this week, you ask?  Only 2 projects.  The first is Evie's sweater.  It's a great pattern, I think.  I've gotten through the shoulder increases and was planning to work through the leg openings last night but I hit a snag.  I was confused by the instructions on what stitches to put on a holder, etc. So I sent a message to the designer and hopefully I'll hear back from her soon.  Once I get that figured out, I can keep plugging away.

I think the collar is going to be a little snug/stiff because of the size needles it was knit on.  The body is also looking a bit large for Evie.  I tried it on her last night, after which she ran and hid under the couch.  Hopefully she'll like wearing it when it's finished!  I know part of the issue in the sizing is because I used a worsted weight yarn instead of a lighter weight.

The other project is X's Bathrobe.  It's still on the list because it's sitting in my WIP bag.  Since I'm now waiting on further instruction for Evie's sweater, and all the charity hats are done, this project will be getting more attention.  I got about 6 rows in last night.  That was okay progress, but I'd like to see it go a little faster.

In other news, my Etsy shop is back from vacation.  Now that I have other life-obligations out of the way, I can dedicate time to sewing again. I've already got a few cases in the works so I know that will keep me busy.  My machine has been looking rather lonely and my sewing table has been piled on in the last few weeks.  Time to do some cleaning and reorganizing to get back in the groove!

4 comments:

  1. You are so extraordinary, Rae Lynne. I love feeling your passion for your crafts in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Stephanie, you're such an inspiration to me with how creative and dedicated you are! Good luck with your sewing!! I've been feeling the urge to start sewing again too, maybe I'll be able to fit some in this weekend :) I look forward to seeing all that you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies! Both of you do lovely work and are great inspiration as well. :) Stefanie- you do beautiful hats and all it takes for you is to pick out a neat stitch pattern. Raili - you're so generous and talented - your crocheted blanket really makes me want to dive in and do my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to ask where can I find the pattern for the Pink Heart Hat? I have baby 2 grand daughters, one is just 8 months and I 'd love to make this one. Thanks nanivirella@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete