Monday, March 21, 2011

Well, spring break is officially over and it's time to get back to work.  I really could have used another couple of days of break to really appreciate the routine of work.

We had a good second-half of the week. Once I started feeling better, it was easier for all of us to be in a better mood, especially since we got a chance to get outside and enjoy the nice weather.  We took Squishy for a short walk around the neighborhood on Wednesday, which he enjoyed because he got to run and splash through all the puddles.  See the green galoshes?  Those were his birthday present from Mr. Man and I.  I have to admit, though, I got the idea from Mom - so it was a stolen idea.  But a good one!! :)  He loves wearing these things and we have a really hard time getting him to take them off.
I also have to mention that the hat Squishy's wearing is his Apple Hat from Debby. He loves wearing it and it looked so great with his green boots!
We also got a chance to visit Grandma in Waterloo, and NaMa (Grandma - my mom) and PaPa this week. Squishy loves seeing his grandparents.  We even got a garage door opener and outlet installed thanks to Mr. Man's aunt and uncle.  :)

So overall, the week was okay.

I've been trying to knit a project for the Easter swap on the IB Forums.  Unfortunately, it's not going so well.  I've frogged twice and haven't had a chance to start it that 3rd time yet.  Each time it was my fault, not the pattern, but it's hard not to feel defeated when it should be simple and quick, ya know?

I've also been really busy keeping track of all my Etsy orders.  Someone lit a fire under someone's rear-end because all of a sudden I've had a wave of orders and interested buyers in my needle cases. I really enjoy making them and seeing the cases come together, but it wasn't expected.  Now I'm trying to plan out my time and figure out when each case will be complete.  I have a few people sending me fabric, so that always puts a delay on things.  It's nice to see interest in my work, though.

This week I may do my sewing while listening/watching the podcasts I *try* to keep up-to-date on.  I meant to catch up this last week, but it didn't happen.  So now I'm behind.  I can't wait to see Laura and Leslie (of The KnitGirllls) in the new craft room.  And I see there are 2 new His & Hers podcasts I haven't watched.  Among all the other video podcasts I want to watch, but haven't caught up with real time yet, so I'm taking my time on those.

What's on your plate this week?  Anything special?

1 comment:

  1. I love that green on X. He has a great, striped sweater on as well! I don't know how you keep up w/the podcasts. I only have patience for Suzanne's. I tried the Knit Girlz but just wasn't motivated.
    Nothing special on my plate as I'm trying to kick this flu I have. My ohana is barely functioning w/me all laid up.

    ReplyDelete