Monday, March 14, 2011

What's In a Name?

I've decided I'm tired of using initials to refer to members of my family.  So many times I forget and have to  go back and fix it.  That, and a couple people in my family share the same first letter, which can complicate things.

To make it simple and because they aren't mentioned too frequently, I'll refer to my siblings simply as Brother & Sis.  Easy enough, right?  Mom will stay as Mom, as Dad will stay as Dad.  Again, simple.

Those of you who already refer to members of your family by alternate names are so creative.  I need some of what you're drinking because I'm having a really hard time thinking of anything that doesn't sound silly or stupid.  I think I've settled on Mr. Man for my husband.  My son is more difficult, but I think I'll take a page from my pregnancy and call him Squishy.  That was the nickname Sis gave him before he was born.  And for C, my stepdad, I'll take my cues from Squishy and call him Papa (grandpa).

So there you have it.  Hopefully, this will feel like it flows a bit more than it has in the past.  :)

Also, I've not been feeling well for the past few days and finally got to the doctor today.  I think you all understand this probably means a lack of posting in the coming week.  At the moment, I'm not planning on WIP Wednesday or Friday Favorites, but will hopefully feel better and resume a normal blogging schedule next week.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got some relief. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel betta. I have nicknames for my hubbie and daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always referred to my husband as "Husband" or "Daddy" (depending on the context) and Little Man is just that, "Little Man." He's 4 months old and he'll probably remain "Little Man," even if he has a brother later.

    If we ever have a girl, she will be "Mini Me," if Little Man's looks are any indication...he'd be called that if he was a girl. He looks exactly like I did. If we have another boy...well, I'm going to have to think on that. It'll probably be something like, "Big Guy."

    Now I'm going to have to have a think on that...

    ReplyDelete