Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Turn!

Last weekend I was surprised with my very own Itty Bitty swap package for the latest swap.  I was heading to my mom's house, but turned right around so I could open it up and quickly examine all the goodies. :)

The wonderful & talented, Debby (knittingrandma), of Useful Hands & Heart had gotten my name. :)  I had Debby's name for the Teddy Bear Picnic swap and I had so much fun putting her packages together.  She certainly didn't disappoint me!  I had no idea when I opened the box it would contain so much stuff!

I know, I know.  Enough of the talking and on to the showing, right? So we'll start with the knits.  Debby did a fantastic job with the apple knits required for the swap.  I love the Apple Hat, knit with Dream in Color Smooshy/Classy in a green color.  She did a really neat wrap technique for the stem, which makes it fun to pull the hat off Squishy's head!  She was concerned about size, but it's perfect for little man.  He loves to wear it and gladly pulls it on and down over his ears when it's time to go outside.  I love seeing my little boy in handknit hats!

The Apple Washcloth was knit in a squishy red yarn that makes me want to pet it all day.  The apple from Finger Foods is green and has a variegated purple "core," which is a lot of fun.  Squishy was quick to latch on to this toy and carry it off to play.  I also received my very own apple tape measure!  I loved the one I made for Jill and was sad to see it go.  It really brightened my day to see one in my package!  This is already in a notions bag ready to be used.
I think I'll move on to the other knitterly things.  First, Squishy and I got a new book.  I say we both got the book because it's two-fold.  The book is called "Shall I Knit You a Hat? A Christmas Yarn" and is a children's book.  But there's a pattern at the end to knit your own little hat!  It'll be fun to share this with Squishy because he really loves books.
I also receive the cutest stitch markers, ever!  I love getting unique stitch markers in my swap packages. I usually use ones I've received before I use markers I've bought myself!  These are green (fitting nicely with the apple theme) and have plump little sheep on them.  They're terrific!
Debby did her homework and did some nice stalking (yes, there is such a thing).  She included the Pom-Tree which Susan B. Anderson has mentioned on several occasions.  I've always wanted to try this but the time has never been right to purchase one.  Now I have it and it makes me want to make a bunch of pom-poms - for no reason other than to use the tree!  :)

The last of the knit goodies included 4 skeins of yarn!  Yes, four!  There were 2 skeins of Crystal Palace Yarn Mini Mochi in a purple/blue/green colorway, 1 skein of Rown Handknit in Cotton in blue and 1 skein of 100% Alpaca from a local sheep farm (Stone Castle Fiber Mill, I believe) in Teal.  It's all so soft and squishy and wonderful.  I spent a lot of time fondling yarn this weekend! :)
But wait, there's more!  The apple-y goodness didn't stop there.  Included in my parcel was a handful of caramel apple suckers (that I love but never buy - they'll be nice, sweet treat), and some Lindt Dark Chocolate.  She wanted to send apple cake, but circumstances didn't allow it.  That's okay, I appreciate the thought!!  I also got handcrafted soap in the Apple Orchard scent, along with a green apple scented candle (I know the perfect place for this!).  Do you see how spoiled I got, yet?

Debby included 3 beautiful glass apple dishes with a flower pattern in the middle.  This are lovely and remind me of my grandmother. :)
And finally, I got a little more handcrafted goodness from Debby with 4 apple placemats!  These are terrific because my collection of placemats is very limited. These will see a lot of use!
So, Debby, thank you so much!  It was all so thoughtful and wonderful.  I can't wait to use it all!

1 comment:

  1. What fun items to receive in the mail! Love that pom pom tree.

    ReplyDelete