Thursday, December 2, 2010

Trying Something New

Recently, my Etsy shop business has picked up.  I've had a lot of interested people contact me asking me to sew them a custom case.  This is awesome! 

My last customer made a good suggestion.  She offered the idea of creating a "custom made-to-order" listing.  What this means is that instead of sending me a convo after seeing a listed item or reserved listing for a custom order, they can just place this listing in their cart.  Then, after I've received the order, the customer and I can chat about fabric preferences, style, color, etc. 

I wasn't sure if this was something I was interested in because I was having a hard time wrapping my head around it.  Then she sent me some examples.  So I'm going to go ahead and try it, see how it works.  If after a month I don't have any bites then I'll go back to the old way.

And for those people who really want to see the finished product before buying, I'm still offereing private, reserved listings. 

I created 2 custom made-to-order listings.  The first is for my original KnitBook, 3 pages of pockets.  The second is a listing for the KnitBook 2.0, with a full 5 pages of pockets. 

I'm anxious to see how these do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment