Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Favorites 10/15

Today's Friday Favorites is brought to you by the letter "M" and the number "3."

:) Sorry, apparently I have Sesame Street on the brain this morning! :)

Hi, my name is Rae Lynne and I have a mitten obsession (Hi, Rae Lynne.).  When I look through my favorites I see mittens, gloves and fingerless mitts, of all kinds.  I mentioned one of my favorite patterns a couple weeks ago with the Snapdragon Flip-Tops by Ysolda Teague.  Still on my list!

This week is a gentle reminder to myself that now is a great time to buckle down and knit some of these!!
Photo by Katieleeh
I'm just going to say it right now before we go any farther.  I love cables and although I don't knit them very often, they're always popping up in my favorites.  

Photo by Jared Flood
 Photo by Jared Flood
Photo by Danique23
Jared Flood's work is amazing - he has so many great patterns out there from shawls to sweaters to mittens and hats and scarves.  More on his stuff another day. :)  These are on my MUST KNIT list!  They remind me of fall the changing of colors and the leaves falling.  I'd love to knit these in a deep chocolate brown - wouldn't that be pretty?


Photos by Jared Flood
My first reason for loving these is sort of a geeky one.  I used to play WoW (World of Warcraft).  Quite a bit actually until X got older and needed more attention....knitting may have started taking up more of my time as well...  My main toon (character) was a Resto Druid (healing toon) and these remind me of her.  Not to mention how pretty these mittens are!  The cabling is so delicate and feminine.  Love (1000).  

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. This is a funny post. I like the Sesame Street and mitten obsession bits, oh and the mittens. All of them are great. I'm sure you've seen Bella's mittens right (there are a few versions out there)? Cabled and long. They are fabulously warm. I recommend them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rae Lynne :)

    So.....Jared Flood patterns. I have been pondering a few of his works and then I saw him this past Monday at Knitters' Guild. Now I know that I Must. Knit. His. Work. NOW! And if I can get my hands on his yarn (Shelter), I am so on top of it.......

    Yeah. I need to make mittens. I have enough hats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lova cables, too! Thumbs, however, that's another story entirely.

    ReplyDelete