Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Few Changes

Good Morning!

I'm really close to being able to share a whole bunch of wonderful things with you, but until then, you'll have to settle for today's post.

After perusing a few people's blogs lately, I've noticed this neat little addition to the sidebars on some knitters' pages.  They're little progress bars!  How fantastic is that?  Now, I know this isn't a new concept, they've been around for a few years.  But my understanding is that they've come a long way from where they started. :)

One of my friends had a section on her blog for her current WIPs.  The project was listed, along with a picture, and a progress bar of how the project was doing.  And I just thought they were so neat - I wanted my own!  My friend sent me in the right direction, over to the We <3 Progress Bars group on Ravelry.  There, they have a wonderful thread that gives some very helpful links as to how to get your own progress bars.  There is a ton of help out there for anyone else who is interested, including a Wiki thread.  Although not officially supported by Ravelry, there's a lot of people who can answer any questions.  Way back when, it wasn't supported on Wordpress, but I got the impression that may have changed.  I didn't look into it further because I obviously use Blogger.

So check out the sidebar on the right-hand side of my blog.  You'll see all my current WIPs and how far I've gotten on them.  From now on, I'll have to be a little sneakier about any surprise knitting because I certainly wouldn't want to spoil anything for people, say at Christmas time! :)

Because I've added this new bit to my blog, I've changed how I'm going to work my "Knit List."  I still like this list because it reminds me of what's coming up, but maybe I haven't been able to add as a project yet.  Like the ID clips for my mom.  I've got the patterns ready, I've got some of the yarn, but I need to accomplish a few things first.  So these items will be knits that you don't see as projects under Works in Progress.

With that being said, some of the WIPs I haven't actually started, but needed to put a project page in so that I don't forget about them.  It's sort of like a promise to myself to knit that item.  Like the sweater and bathrobe for X.  There are a couple things to finish first, but after Mom's Haruni and the logo knit is done, I can at least start on those projects.

So....is this all clear as mud?  Maybe.  But I'm pretty excited about it.  Much more so than is probably deemed "normal."  That's okay. It's my blog so I can do what I want. :)

Again, for anyone interested, the above links will take you right to the We <3 Progress Bars group and the helpful forums. :)

2 comments:

  1. Those are so cool! Yours look great, and it's such a fun idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah! This is cool! Thanks for sharing. I have to add it to my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete