So I have 5 projects to share with you. I could share them one at a time, but I'm not that patient. And since they're all sort of a set, it didn't seam right to separate them. First off, the basics. All items were made from Tahki Cotton Classic and Tahki Cotton Classic Lite yarn (exception: butterfly on the frog clip is KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Yarn in Rose Petal - great use of some yarn remnants!).
The color scheme sprang from a few different things. First, L & J are having a boy. So, pinks and purples, etc. were ruled out. I also decided to find out what preferences L had - some people don't like the traditional "blue for boy, pink for girl" color scheme. She had told me she liked brown, combined with other colors. Then I found out the nursery was painted brown & green and her cousin gave me more specifics on the colors (yellow-green, not blue-green). With all that in mind, I knew I would use brown and a few shades of green. But I was also really starting to like blue, green and brown together. So there's a little blue thrown in here in there (rattle, elephant clip & baby sack).
So now for a few pictures. I started with the Toadstool Baby Rattle. This pattern was so amazingly simple and quick. And I love that it's a cat toy used inside as the rattle (I don't know why this makes me smile).
The pattern gave several examples and suggestions of ways to knit the colors on this toadstool - obviously I opted for less realistic and more just fun.
elephant paci clip 3 times now. I can't say enough good things about this pattern. So quick it can be completed in a matter of hours.
Itty Bitty Nursery. Maybe cause elephant baby stuff is cute (but then again what baby item isn't?). And it's awesome that his trunk is the strap. :)
frog clip was a bit of a challenge. A little project with lots of tiny, tiny pieces.
Fourth, a baby sack. This is similar to the sleepers or gowns w/ the elastic bottoms that keep baby's feet warm or catch socks when they fall off.
of everything gifted. I chose to use all 6 colors (3 greens, 2 blues, 1 brown) in the striping and I couldn't be happier.
It seems REALLY long, but I had to make sure it wouldn't be shorter than the baby.
And finally, I knit a baby blanket using the Honeycomb Stroller Blanket pattern. This pattern suggests US size 10 needles with DK yarn. I used US 9 needles and cast on 132 instead of 100 stitches, making it a little wider.
This pattern is also simple, although it looks a little complicated. It's not at all. I won't go into knitty, gritty details, but essentially it's just a lot of knit and purl rows, no stranding or anything!