Friday, June 4, 2010

Sneak Peak...sort of

I finally had a chance today to sit down and really put effort into the needle case I'm working on.  I have had a design concept in my head for a little while, and every now and then, I tweek it and figure out a piece that seems it could be reworked in a better way.

I've done all the conceptual type things, I even went so far as to make a mini paper version of my case.  Two different ones, actually.  One that was all colored in and pretty, and one that had working pockets!  I've graphed them all out according to my desired meaurements and pocket size.  I bought fabric and decided on an order of colors.  I've been really anxious to start working on this because I really need a multi-function needle case...that's cute too. 

I bought the fabrics at JoAnns about a week ago.  I loved the colors together.  Don't they look nice? 
I ran into a hiccup about how to put the pieces together, but I even got through that obstacle.  I know I should test this whole thing out on scrap fabric, but I figure if there's something I don't like, I'll tweek it along the way. 

Well...now I'm tweeking.  I cut all my fabric and put the pieces together.  Lined them up side-by-side, I even got some interfacing ironed on to a few bits.  The entire time I've been cutting pieces I've been trying to convince myself that I like the color combination.  But I have to be honest and say that I don't.  I'm using a substantial amount of the green fabric and it's not playing nice with the others. 
The lighting is bad, but even in good light I don't care for these together.
These 2 together aren't so bad, but I need all the fabric to look good.
So tonight, I go back to the drawing board.  I've got to find a new fabric.  And I need a zipper, and more interfacing.  Such is life, huh?

Anyway - here's a little peek at my stack of fabric.  :) 
And the front/back cover.
I won't divulge much more about it than that until it's done.  I hope I like the finished result.

0 comments:

Post a Comment