First off, Darth was kind enough to to lend me his helmet to model this hat. It turned out a bit too small for X's head.
I used two of each of the following stitch patterns for a total of 10 panels: seed, garter, twisted, basketweave and cable. My favorite panels are the cable and the twisted stitches.
This hat was a challenge for me to finish because I always found things I'd rather work on. Since the hat is too small, X won't be wearing this one. I'll put it away and save it for later.
On another note, I have now finished the head to the Giraffe. So now I have 2 pears, one large and one small. And I cast on for the first leg today. This pattern is going quickly. Tnight I'm hoping to either finish at least one leg or perhaps work on my needle case.