Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Almost finished!

I haven't talked as much about my knitting lately since I started the 30 Days of Sewing.  But I have been knitting!  I've finished most of the pieces for the Giraffe from Itty Bitty Toys.  I think he's going to be a great knit item!  I've got the body and head knit and sewn together.  All 4 legs are complete, they just need their polypellets and fiberfill and then they can be attached to the body.  I've finished 1 outer ear pieces.  What I have left: 1 outer ear, 2 inner ears, 2 horns, 1 tail, the mane, and 11 spots.  Oh, and embroidering the face.  I know this still sounds like a lot, but they're all little pieces, and should come together pretty quickly. 

The other knitting related work I've been doing is winding yarn.  I finally got a ball winder.  I need to make a yarn swift (like the one Melissa's husband made), I just haven't yet.  I got a box of yarn in the mail on Friday full of yarn for some surprise gifts. I love the colors - I'm so happy with my choices!  Anyway - I've been busy winding all the yarn into center-pull balls.  After that yarn is wound, I plan to dive into my stash and wind all that yarn too.  Who doesn't love a little bit of order and organization in their life?  lol - even if it is in the form of yarn balls. :)

My 30 Days of Sewing is going well.  There's been some great convesation on the Ravelry group, especially concerning some online fabric stores.  I've completed my needle case and started some polypellet pouches for the giraffe hooves.  I've got several other projects I plan on working on in the future, so hopefully this creates a good habit I'll stick with.

In other news, check back in the next week or two - I'll be hosting a giveaway.  I'm saving details until later when I know exactly what I'm giving away...lol...just know that it will be happening soon. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment