Thursday, December 10, 2009

Finished!

So I just finished this hat (Modern Rib Hat) this morning.  It's my first hat, first time working with color changes, and first time not following a pattern exactly (I chose to do my own color design).  I think it turned out really well and I'm really happy with it.  The pattern was really easy to follow - pretty basic rib stitch pattern. 

I tried it on several times and made my husband wear it around a bit as well, just to make sure it looked okay and the size was good.  After I complete my Christmas knitting I'll be starting his hat.  And then after that I may just have to make one for myself.  It's snug and warm and cozy - perfect for a winter hat.




Now I can resume work on the reversible Sisters toy.  It's probably the only thing I'm going to get around to knitting for my sister for Christmas.  I plan on making a hat and scarf for her as well - but I don't have the time before the holidays arrive.  But yay for completing projects on snow days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment