Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ahhh snow days!

In school, we had a love/hate relationship.  It was great to get that day off in the middle of the school week, but I always hated having to make them up at the end of the year.  :\  Now I'm a school employee and although many teachers may still have that same relationship as I once did, mine has become one of pure love! 
My contract is a 12-month contract, unlike many teachers who have the summer off.  So one day off during the week doesn't add an extra day at the end of the year.  Yes, the kids are in school longer, but my job essentially stays the same. :)

So when I hear the announcement that school is getting out early, starting late, or is just plain cancelled, all I can do is smile! :) I really enjoy having that extra time at home to get things done, or relax, sit on the couch drinking hot chocolate and watching movies.  And now, with our little man in our lives, I can enjoy said days with him, all cuddled up!

Today, we are getting out early and it looks as though we won't have school tomorrow (forecast looking nasty).  I plan to use that time FINALLY getting up my Christmas tree and decorations, and hopefully finishing off this hat I'm working on. The hat seems to be coming together nicely.  I'm trying to guage how tightly it will fit the recipient based on my head size...it's a little loose on me, but I think on my brother it should fit nicely.  I will also use this hat as a measure for how to fit my husband's hat (same hat, just different colors).  He likes a really tight hat so I may have to subtract a few stitches from the suggested pattern size. 

If I can get the hat done today or tomorrow, I will then go back to the Sisters toy that is sitting neglected in the living room.  I'd like to get that finished and in the presents pile. :)

I hope everyone who is enduring winter weather stays safe.  Remember to be a safe driver, slow down, be cautious.  And stay warm! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment