Friday, April 16, 2010

Springtime in Paris

Some days I feel like there are so many ideas and projects all lined up in my mind, my head will explode!  I keep finding things I want to craft.  Be it knitting, sewing, working with clay, dying.  There's never enough time in the day.  Especially if there are other, more pressing items on the list - like laundry, or dishes, or cleaning up.  It also means there's usually only time for the crafty stuff when X is either asleep for the night,  napping, or in the mood to be content playing on his own. 

Be that as it may, I'd rather have TOO many ideas to keep me busy than not enough. :)  I currently have 4 WIPs (work in progress) on the needles.  And I'm about to add a 5th.  The 5th includes about 4 items all using the same pattern/idea.  I never thought I'd have so many things going at one time.  But what can I say, instead of just dipping my toes, I sorta fell in to the knitting pool. :)

Anywho, I'm participating in another swap.  I love these swaps.*  The Itty Bittys on Raverly are such great people, so caring and friendly.  You can't help but want to talk and swap with everyone. :) This time around, we have a little more time to plan, scheme, organize, and knit.  The last swap went quick to get everyone their parcels in time for Easter.  There is no pressing deadline other than the one we set for ourselves.   This can be good, or bad (but in a good way).  I have more time to do my knitting, but I also have more time to find all the wonderful things I could include in the swap!

*As a side note, I'd like to mention that I also love giving things.  It's as much fun for me (if not more) to give someone a gift and see their reaction or appreciation, than getting a gift.  Don't get me wrong, I love and appreciate what people give me as well, but it's so satisfying to do things and create for other people.  I think it's one reason I love knitting so much. 

This swap's theme is Springtime in Paris.  So deemed because we are knitting the hat Frenchie, as well as a pair of coordinating booties or socks.  Since the theme was announced, my mind started whirling with possibilities, and then shifted into high gear when I was given the swap partner information.  Now, I can't divulge most of what I'm doing and adding to this swap because I don't want to give anything away, but I may be able to share some tidbits along the way.  So between now and May 24th, watch out cause I'll be busy busy! :)

I will mention that I get to make the Jelly Bean Socks from the Spud & Chloe blog.  Another great, free pattern by Susan B. Anderson.   I have considered making a pair for X, but just haven't sat down to do so.  I'm excited for a concrete reason to knit them now...and maybe I'll even sneak in an extra pair! 

I also found the last color I needed for the hat last night.  I was hoping to find all the yarn in my stash this time as it seems to be quickly growing.  I was lucky and I found 3 of the 4 colors needed.  Yesterday I cast on for the hat, and so far it's knitting up quickly! 

I may have to put it aside momentarily though, while I work on a secret project for May.  Stay tuned for more on that in a couple weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I need to start too. I wish I didn't have so many other projects going on. I'm like you... I plan way more than I can handle. I keep stumbling upon lists of projects that I wanted to make and never did it. More important things kept coming up. Being a mother takes just about all of my time too.

    Anyway, I'm super excited about this swap. It's my first and it's already been so fun. Enjoy your WIP's!!

    ReplyDelete