Saturday, April 24, 2010

The hazards of a 1-year-old....

and the joys of super-glue!

This barrett is one of my favorites.  It compliments most outfits because it's neutral, but it's pretty and feminine without shouting LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME. 

I purchased this barrett while my DH and I were on our honeymoon in Hawaii at a local flee market.  They had a lot of this kind of thing there.  Since I like to pull my hair back in some way almost every day, I knew this would be used. Frequently.

Last week my son was playing with it while I did my hair in the morning.  He tripped and fell (like most wobblers do quite frequently) and my poor barrett broke into several pieces.  Obviously it wasn't intentional but as soon as I knew he was okay, I searched the floor for all the bits I could find to see if I could repair it. 

I could, and I did this afternoon.  No, it's not a fantastic fix, but now the barrett will stay out of little hands.  And it should hold up pretty well since it shouldn't get abused much while in my hair.   It seems silly, but I am quite attached to it and was glad to know the crisis had been averted. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment