Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Notice Anything?

Not a huge change to the blog, but I decided to start keeping lists.  I have what my husband would probably call an obsession with lists.  I love writing them, and checking things off them. So here, the I've created lists that reflect what I'm working on, projects I'd like to complete and I officially feel are on my "to-do" list, that sort of thing.  Yesterday I added two such lists. 

The first is my to-do list.  These are the things that are always in the back of my mind, nagging or prodding me to get completed.  I'm so good at forgetting, though, that the less interesting things (like mending) take a backseat to the more creative outlets (like knitting, obviously!).  As I get things completed, I'll remove them from the list and every now and again, I'll post an update on how I'm doing.  There's no deadline or time restriction, it just helps me keep track.

To-Do List

Sew Up Dad's Vest for A
Mend Blankets
Unwind 2 Skeins of Cotton for Dying
Tie-Dye Cotton (1/2 done)
Haruni Shawl for Mom
Squishies
Vertical Stripes Hat
Traveling Woman Shawl
Sinful Ribbed Scarf
Secret May project 1/4
Springtime In Paris Swap Complete
Make project bag for myself
Create Knitting Needle Case
Finish sanding eggs
Curtain for kitchen shelves
The other list right now is for a swap I'm working on: Springtime in Paris.  Since I'm not just including the knit items for the Springtime in Paris swap, it's good to have a record of what is left to complete.  And besides...I like checking items off a list.  I feel more accomplished that way. :)

Springtime in Paris Swap

Find yarn for Frenchie - stash dive or buy?
Stash dive - yarn for socks
Knit Jelly Bean Socks
Knit Frenchie
Collect Goodies - 1/2 done
Write (& include!) note
Box Up
Mail to Swap Partner
Update Ravelry w/ pictures & comments
*The items on this list may not be crossed off quite so quickly.  Just in case my swap partner reads this, I don't want to give away anything in her pacakge.  So instead, I will have to maintain somewhat of a list on a piece of paper....that I'll lose and rewrite several times...lol*

In other news, I started a new project recently called Vertical Stripes Hat (yes, yes, I know, another hat.  I promise soon there will be other knit items because, let's face it, the weather WILL be warming up and Xander would probably really enjoy a new toy or something.  Or maybe a sweater for the fall.)  But for now it's a hat! :) This one is intriguing because the hat is created by knitting 10 separate panels, joined together in the round as you work.  This is going to be trial and error for me - never done this before. 

From the notes I've read thus far, the most important thing is to measure, measure, measure those panels!  If not, they won't line up correctly and the hat will go wonky.  The pattern uses about 6 different stitch patterns (I'm going to modify this a bit so that each stitch pattern is used twice).  I'm using 2 different blues - should be pretty.  And I think I'll probably post progress pictures on this one, just because the process is so visually interesting and helpful.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a list lover, too!! :) Sometimes I write something that I've already done, just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing it off! ;)

    ReplyDelete