Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Paper Bags

Back in January I  knit 2 Paper Bag hats - one pink and white, the other blue and cream.  These were knit for a set of twins.  After talking with my friend, I discovered that the twins' older sister liked the hats so much that they had to be hidden!  I loved hearing that!  It's nice to know these items were appreciated, not only by the kids' parents, but also by the kids themselves!

I didn't want Big Sister to feel left out, so after finding out what her favorite colors were, I set out on the task to knit a matching hat for her.  I'm very pleased with how this hat turned out.  Unfortunately, I was in a hurry to get the hat in the mail and sent off before we left for Colorado to see my sister.  I hate sending things off or gifting things without first taking pictures to document what I've created.  The light in my kitchen was fading and so the picture quality is poorer than I would have liked.  The pictures do not do the colors justice, in my opinion.

I knit this hat using KnitPicks Swish DK in Petal and KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Tulip.  Petal is the lighter pink while Tulip is the darker pink.  In these pictures, Tulip almost appears to be a purple of some kind.  In person, Tulip is a very brilliant, vibrant color - perfect for a little girl!  When I was ordering yarn I was afraid of picking 2 colors that wouldn't mesh well together, but once I got the project started, my fears were relieved.

I hope Big Sister enjoys her new hat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment