Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Little Something More

Each week on Wednesday I give you a peek into my project bag (or work pile on the sewing table).  And on Fridays you see my favorites - of all shapes and sizes.  These days deserve more than just a dated title.

So I designed some buttons.  I haven't added button codes because each Wednesday and Friday I'll be using the buttons - so if I add a code, it will take me to the same place every time, when in fact, each week it changes.  Nevertheless, I'm still very happy with how they turned out.

I was trying to figure out what I'd use in the buttons.  Where do I find the pictures and what should they be of?  Instead of fretting over this for a very long time, I decided it was easiest to go to a place I'm most comfortable.  My project page on Ravelry!

I picked out a couple photos from my collection and set them to work on my blog buttons! :)

Here they are in all their glory!



WIP Wednesday couldn't be a finished object - that'd just be silly.  So the current photo is of my Traveling Woman shawl, that is sadly in hibernation at the moment.

Friday Favorites was a bit more difficult.  How do I choose a picture that best represents what Friday Favorites is all about?  Silly me - what's more perfect than one of my most favorite finished knits?  You've all seen Gerald many times now on my blog.  And you'll see a lot more of him from here on out.

I used Scrapblog to create my buttons, a site I've used many times.  It's free, which is perfect, and there are a lot of neat things you can do to simulate scrapbooking.  :)

1 comment: