Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Indecision

After I finished Gerald I feel like I hit sort of a rut in my knitting.  And it's certainly not for lack of things to knit!  In fact, there are several things I want to knit. But...every time I would sit down, I couldn't make up my mind.  Do I work on Mom's shawl?  What about secret projects? (I've got plenty to do there)  How about my sister's Market Bag?  Maybe something for myself again?  I think right now I have too many options.  There is a list of things I need to complete and I want to knit them.  So instead of actually working on something, I can't make up my mind and end up working on nothing.  So unproductive! 

On the up-side, I did get a little done on my Sinful Ribbed Scarf.  I was a little over 1/3 done when I last put it down.  With all the indecision, I decided to pick this up again to work on since it's really easy and I have the pattern memorized.  K3, P3 to last 3 stitches, K3.  K1, P1 to last stitch, K1.  Repeat these 2 rows until desired length.  So very easy.  And the yarn is so incredibly soft. I'm using KnitPicks Comfy Worsted in colorway Marlin.  Every time I pick this scarf up I just want to smoosh it over and over, it's so soft.  This will be a fantastic scarf. 

I did do a few rows on the Haruni shawl.  I made a couple mistakes so I had to go back and fix them.  I love the way the colors for this are coming out.  This was the Madelinetosh Prairie lace yarn in Baltic.  I'm almost done with Chart A the first time.  I believe there are 4 more repeats of Chart A after that, and then Chart B and then the edging.  This tends to get set aside more often than the other projects because it requires my full attention.  This is a good project to work on before bed when the house is quiet.

I finally decided on starting the Let's Go Shopping - Market Bag for C.  We dyed for it the other day.  She has reuseable grocery totes we got her for Christmas last year and she wanted something that would match.  She also wanted the colors to be bold so we tried to get the colors as saturated as possible.  I have 1 of the 2 skeins wound into a ball, the other is at least wound.  The yarn is beautiful and is knitting up really pretty.  This was a great pattern for this yarn.  I'm calling the yarn "Raspberry Truffle."
I really hope C likes the finished bag.  If she doesn't want it, I'll keep it. :)   I decided on this project because she goes back to CO at the end of July/beginning of August.  So hers is on a more pressing time frame.  I'd also like Mom's shawl to be done by the end of the summer.  It's her March birthday present.  It shouldn't wait too long!

There will be some upcoming swap knitting, but I'll save the details on that for a later post.  There are several secret projects I'll be working on that I can't share here because the recipients might read about them and then, obviously, it wouldn't be a surprise.  I'm really anxious to get these started, but I've been lagging on getting the yarn wound into balls.  Only one big project and several small ones.  I can share the yarn, though.  I picked Tahki Cotton Classic and Tahki Cotton Classic Lite for these projects.  And I couldn't be happier with my choice. :) 

So aside from all that knitting, I've also been working on my 30 Days of Sewing.  It's been going really well.  I've made several knitting needle cases (3 actually) and have started cutting the pieces out for X's Imagination Book w/ Storage Bag from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones.  I love the patterns in this book - so fun for little kids!  I did make a mistake, though and I bought transfer paper instead of printing fabric for the book images.  So I'm stalled on that until I can hit a craft or fabric store.  I'll be posting soon about the needle cases, but I still have a couple left to do and I want to have 1 post about them all, instead of the same thing over and over, so no pictures for that yet.  I also fixed the diaper caddy for X's room.  It's been missing one of the ties for several months now.  It's nice to check it off the list! 

And among all that business, we painted the house and celebrated the 4th of July! We have a lot of family home right now, which is fun - X is really getting to know his cousins a bit better!  Hopefully, though, we'll have a bit more time to relax in the coming weeks because I don't like being busy ALL the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment