Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Slowing down

Recently my knitting has become a bit more relaxed and less "hurry to get it done."  The stuff I wanted to accomplish for Christmas was finished a couple weeks ago, I've finished the hat I was working on for the swap on Ravelry, I'm about halfway finished with the 2nd hat I'm working on in the January Paper Bag hat knit-a-long, etc.  So that's nice.  I've enjoyed working on all these things, but there are more important things I really need to buckle down on and focus on for a little while.  There are also other crafts I'd like to try my hand at, which is hard to do if I always feel like I need to be knitting something to get it completed.

Knitting is something I want to do because it's fun and relaxing, not because I feel like I have to do it.  And up to this point, I've done pretty well.  In the near future I may be choosing a few project to work on that will be long-term projects, which I will work on and dabble at here and there, but there will be no pressure to finish them. 

I've also compiled a bunch of supplies to start working on some polymer clay projects.  Again, just doing a little bit of this - if I let myself get engrossed in it, then I will neglect other, more important things.  Just little things to keep my appetite for hobbies satisfied.  The month of February will be a pretty sparse project month.  Hopefully in March I'll really be able to concentrate on sewing, knitting and claywork.  I have so many ideas in my head!!

As I said before, I'm half-way through my second Paper Bag hat.  I've chosen different stitch patterns than the pattern called for on this one - hoping to create a more boyish appeal.  We'll see how the two hats compare when I'm finished.  I hope I like it. 

Last night I practiced my hand at blowing out an egg.  I've always been intrigued by how this is done (obviously no one wants decorated raw eggs sitting in their homes!  Overall, the technique is pretty simple.  I blew out two eggs and have chosen the project for them.  Pictures to post after I'm finished.  :)

That's about it for now.  Life has been kinda busy recently and that means less time for stuff like this.  I got the project bag completed for the swap and I can't wait to use my sewing machine again. As I said - so many ideas!  I may have to prioritize my list of projects.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment