I'm not going to stress about finishing old projects before starting new ones, but any lingering UFOs (UnFinished Objects) will be off the needles in one way or another by 2013. Last year I had so many things going at once it was driving me crazy. I had to work on them after Christmas. And I finished several before I lost steam and got distracted by other pretties. :)
So what's my list?
1. Evie's Sweater: I cast this on last February for my little girl, Evie. She'd just gone to the groomers and I'd mistakenly gotten her cut too short. She was freezing in the cold weather and needed a sweater. Too bad she never got one...
3. Some Assembly Required: remember this one? I really just need to dig in and do it. I have it in my head that it's going to be hard (I blame the designer for this one, she's the one who put the idea in there...) so I've avoided it.
4. Dream Catcher Baby Blanket: this is going to be made with the leftovers from Some Assembly Required. I can't finish it until I finish the above project.
5. Bathrobe: love the look, hate the endless seed stitch (and it's only for a baby!).
6. Elly the Elephant: my first crocheted toy. My hands started hurting so I put it down. Just have to finish the legs and I'll be done!
And as an informal WIP list I have:
1. Test knitting: This needs to be complete by March 9 so I'm plugging away at it. I love the look, but think it will be too warm here by the time it's done to really enjoy. So I'll save it for next fall/winter.
2. Whippoorwill: I've got the yarn caked and ready. I was going to cast on March 1, but instead I started a test knit.
3. Bunny: For the Itty Bitty KAL - Bunny will be basic, very similar to the example in the book...but with accessories of some sort. I haven't decided how I'm going to make it work yet.
4. Little Treasures: I think. Squishy needs a matching sweater for pictures with Lovebug next week. I know where to get the matching yarn without having to order online. A week should be enough time, right? :)
And as an aside - I'm hosting a DAL (Dye-A-Long) in the Itty Bitty Forums. I'll be doing my dying next week, although the idea is to start mid-March/early April and just go along until people have had the chance to try it. Come on over and join the fun if you'd like!
So there's my list. I'll share progress as I go. As well as any current WIPs. :) Do you have lingering projects that you just can't seem to finish? How do you motivate yourself to get them done?