Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WIP Wednesday 9/28


It’s Wednesday again.  The week sort of started without me!  Actually, I was out of town for a conference Monday and Tuesday and now being back on Wednesday, I feel a bit behind.  Today has been spent playing catch-up as tomorrow I will be out of the office in the morning. 

I wish I could say I had a lot to share with you as far as that which is on my needles.  And at the same time, I’ve been busy and the needles have been clicking like crazy.  You see, although I have few WIPs, I HAVE finished some things.  Two things, actually.  But I will wait and share those another day since today is WIP Wednesday – not What Did I Finish Wednesday. 

The Baby Chalice Blanket is chuggin’ along.  I’m down to less than half a skein of my last Madelinetosh Tosh DK skein.  It’s probably more like a quarter, but it’s hard to guesstimate because it’s in a hand-wound ball and I never seem to judge them accurately.  My plan is to try and get one more full lace repeat and then knit the 10 rows of garter stitch border.  I want to use up every last bit if I can, so it may mean a little ripping and re-doing if I have a surplus, or ripping back to add the border sooner in case I run out. 

I’m still trying to decide where I’m going to block this blanket.  I’ve got mats and I’ll have wires (hopefully) by then.  But I want to give it a nice good soak and a sturdy blocking before I take the pins out.  There aren’t many Squishy-free locations in the house!

(Sorry – no pictures.  But really it looks just like the picture on the sidebar just longer.)

My elephant knit is still sort of stalled.  I’m afraid I may run out of yarn and I REALLY don’t want to rip out and start over.  But time is running out and stalling will only make it worse.  If I do have to start over I’ll have to knit double-time just to get everything finished.  Today I hope to get the poly pellet pouches made for the legs, body and trunk to give it a nice weight.

(And because this is a surprise elephant, I have no pictures to share here either.  I know, I’m boring today!)

That’s about all I have to share that’s still on the needles.  So how about What’s Next?  I’d like to knit a shawl, a nursing shawl.  I want it to be light enough that Lovebug doesn’t overheat, but weighty enough it feels good in my hands.  Anything too lacey or airy won’t work.  I’ve been perusing Stephen West patterns, and there’s a shawl in a recent magazine I picked up that I really like.  We’ll see where the wind takes me, but once I get these couple things off the needles, I think that’s where I’m going next.  

Or socks.  Because I want to try me-sized socks.  No idea of what pattern yet.  I have to think on that a little more. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment