Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WIP Wednesday 4/27

Things have finally started to move along on the crafty front.  I'm no longer experiencing constant nausea and my energy levels are up, which means more time to knit, sew, or do whatever.  Now, I'm not back to full-speed-ahead, and knitting for short spans of time seems to be the way to go, but it's good to know I'm leaving that stage of pregnancy!

What have I been knitting you ask?  Well, you saw the Frog Hat last week.  It's finished now, and you'll be seeing it soon.  I've also finished one of two binky clips.  The last will be done by the end of the week. 

So this week, it's a bit of a fresh start of my WIPs.  At the beginning of the year, I worked really hard to plow through some of my UFOs.  I got a lot done, but I'm not done yet.  I need to pick up the Bathrobe again, but I don't have time at the moment.  I'll get back to it. 

This week I started the cupcake hat from the Cupcake Baby Set.  This is for the Cupcake Swap.  I imagine it will go fairly quickly.  I'm really excited about the yarn I'm choosing to use.  I hope the recipient likes it.  I'm doing a little modifying to make the colors work, but I think it'll be okay.  I wish I could share more details, but I really don't want to spoil any surprises.  So you'll have to settle for what I have finished thus far (any guesses on the yarn?):
I will also be knitting the Cupcake Pincushion, but that probably won't get started until next week.  At that time, I'll also cast on for a project I've been dying to knit for a long time.  It's the Baby Pears Blanket Buddy by Julie L. Anderson.  I think this little guy is adorable and will be so sweet when finished.  :)  
I also have to mention that we've been talking a lot about working with polymer clay in the Itty Bitty Forums as of late and I have a feeling that this weekend I'll be pulling out my stash to make a few goodies...  Curious yet? :) 

So, that's what's on the needles this week! Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty colors for the cupcake hat. That blanket buddy is very cute.
    Polymer clay? Stitch markers?

    ReplyDelete